Brown Sugar Shortbread
- 225g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly-packed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 150 grams MAC Foods Besan Flour
- 100 grams Rice Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Sift together besan flour, rice flour and salt into a bowl and mix well.
- Place butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl and with an electric mixer, mix until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture in small amounts and process until a dough forms that just clumps together
- Place baking paper on a tray
- Using a teaspoon, get spoonfuls of dough, roll into a ball then place on tray and slightly flatten until all mixture is used. Ensure enough space between biscuits to allow biscuits to spread while cooking
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until shortbread is golden around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Biscuits will firm up whilst cooling.