- 1/2 cup MAC Foods Kabuli Chickpeas
- 150g Raw Cashews
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup Goji Berries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 3/4 cups dessicated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- Prepare raw chickpeas as per instructions until well cooked.
- Put nuts and chia seeds in food processor and blend until finely chopped. Add dates* and process further until the mixture is combined well. Remove from the processor.
- Add chickpeas, goji berries, 1/4 cup of water**, honey and vanilla paste into food processor and combine until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add nut/date mixture back into the food processor and add, coconut, cinnamon and cacao powder. Depending on the size/power of your processor, it may be better to mix with your hands at this point. Continue to combine until balls can be easily formed.
- Roll mixture into balls about the size of a heaped teaspoon.
- Balls can then be rolled in coconut or cacao.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
* We pour boiling water over dates and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Then pit the dates.
** Add more water as required to combine mixture
Makes approximately 16 balls