- 3 cups cooked MAC Foods Kabuli Chickpeas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Line 18cm x 28cm slice tin or a 12 mini loaf tin with baking paper
- With the exception of the chocolate and pecans, blend all ingredients until combined in a food processor.
- Once combined pulse chocolate and nuts into mixture.
- Place mix in tin and bake 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven once cooked and cool before removing from tin.
This recipe has been supplied by Glen Barratt, Head Chef of Wild Canary and was demonstrated at the 2016 Felton Food Festival. A perfect recipe for the International Year of the Pulse.
Find a charming setting for a long lunch at Wild Canary, a botanical bistro nestled in gardens at Brookfield. Catch Head Chef Glen Barratt ducking out to replenish the larder from the extensive kitchen garden. Listed on the Brisbane Goodfood Guides Top 10 places for breakfast. Wild Canary supports a network of local farmers and enjoy sharing this produce and their stories through events like their Producers Lunches and through a seasonal menu. They know to find the best ingredients you need to find great farmers.