- 300g Gluten Free Macaroni
- 175g rindless bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup MAC Foods Sorghum Flour
- 2 Cups (500ml) Milk
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped continental parsley
- 20g parmesan cheese
- 50g butter
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease an oven proof dish. (Ideally 17cm x 26cm + 5cm deep)
- Boil a saucepan of water. Once boiling, place macaroni and cook until al-dente (approximately 10 minutes). Drain in colander once cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat two teaspoons of oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until crisp. Transfer to a paper towelled lined plate.
- Combine milk and cream in a jug. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, with a wooden spoon, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles.
Remove from heat and gradually stir in the milk and cream mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
Stir in mustard and tasty cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until combined and cheese melted.
Add pasta and bacon to the sauce and stir until well combined.
Spoon the pasta mixture into a 2L (8-cup) capacity ovenproof baking dish.
Combine the parmesan cheese, parsley and 2 teaspoons oil in a bowl. Sprinkle pasta mixture with parmesan mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until top is golden.
Cooked is a Toowoomba based company providing home made delicious meals, cooked from scratch with fresh, quality ingredients delivered to your door. Cooked's delicious meals can also be found in some Toowoomba shops. Check out their website, www.icooked.com.au or follow Cooked on Facebook.